The historic building on the corner of Robert Mugabe Avenue and Bahnhof Street has an interesting history. The Turnhalle Building German for gymnasium was built in 1909 and extended in 1913. Its original purpose was for gymnastic competitions and school sports. It housed South African troops during the First World War and was later used as a theatre and cinema. The Turnhalle gained historical significance in 1975 when it housed the first session of the Constitutional Conference of South West Africa / Namibia also known as the Turnhalle Conference. The conference was controversial as it was held prior to Namibian independence by the South African rulers. In 2003 the Turnhalle building was renovated and now houses the SADC Tribunal. The SADC Tribunal is the highest policy institution of the Southern African Development Community.
- Fish River